You've seen the famous Bauer Burgers on Guiding Light for many years -- but now you can have a taste of the famous food in your very own home.
1. Get 2 lbs of ground sirloin, then mix in some garlic, pepper, salt and 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
2. Make an even number of thin hamburger patties. (Be sure to make them very thin.)
3. Chop up some onion and put it on top of the first patty. Then put a slice of American or mozzarella cheese on top. Grill some mushrooms and put them on top of the cheese. Cover the whole thing with another patty.
4. Using a fork press down the edges of the patties so they are sealed
5. Barbecue the double patties over a low flame until done. It takes more time to cook due to the thickness of the patties.