It Ends With Us author Colleen Hoover returned to Instagram on February 12, 2025, following a hiatus. According to People Magazine, she first deactivated her account on January 22, 2025.
However, her return to the social media platform came with adjustments, as she has reportedly taken down photos of Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni. Previously, many of her posts included pictures with the film's cast members. As seen on her Instagram profile, Colleen Hoover still follows Blake Lively.
For context, the movie is based on the 2016 book written by Hoover by the same name. Just Baldoni and Blake Lively are now at odds with each other and have pursued legal action. Lively filed a s*xual assault lawsuit against Baldoni and alleged that he tried to tarnish her reputation.
Baldoni rejected the accusations and responded with legal action, filing a $250 million lawsuit against the New York Times and a $400 million defamation lawsuit against Blake Lively and her husband, Ryan Reynolds.
He also alleged that Lively attempted to take control of the film and pressured him for personal gain. Colleen Hoover showed her support for Blake Lively following her complaint and shared an Instagram story writing:
“@blakelively, you have been nothing but honest, kind, supportive and patient since the day we met," Hoover wrote alongside a photo of herself and Lively hugging at a screening of the film. "Thank you for being exactly the human that you are. Never change. Never wilt.”
Judge Lewis J. Liman has the trial for March 9, 2026.
Colleen Hoover is a fan of Blake Lively
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in August 2024, Colleen Hoover said she was a big fan of Blake Lively. She recalled feeling overwhelmed on the first day of filming, seeing firsthand how many people were involved in bringing the movie to life.
With around 200 crew members, each focused on their tasks and moving quickly; it was only then that she fully grasped the scale of the production. When asked whether she was involved in the casting process, Hoover replied:
“I’m not going to take credit from anyone. I wasn’t that involved in casting. They actually came to me and told me that Blake was gonna play Lily and I was stoked. I’m a huge Blake Lively fan first and foremost.”
The interviewer brought up Hoover’s decision to age up the characters for the adaptation, noting that she had previously mentioned regretting their original ages in the book. Colleen Hoover explained that at the time, she was contracted to write within the "new adult" genre, which focused on characters in their early 20s.
Even then, she felt their ages didn’t quite fit. The film adaptation allowed her to make that adjustment, creating a clearer contrast between their teenage and adult selves, which she believed worked better on screen.
The interviewer asked about Colleen Hoover’s discussions with Lively to ensure an authentic portrayal of Lily. Hoover shared that they didn’t speak before filming began but got to know each other afterward. She praised Lively’s talent, saying no advice was needed, as she naturally brought the character to life.
Love movies? Try our Box Office Game and Movie Grid Game to test your film knowledge and have some fun!

Your perspective matters!
Start the conversation