What if ABC's three soap operas somehow collided? You'd have a show called All My Children have One Life to Live at General Hospital, naturally. Fans no longer have to wonder the what ifs: ABC has created a series of crossover/ mash-up episodes featuring your favorite soap friends.
Have you ever wondered what would happen if Erica Kane and Sonny Corinthos were to cross paths? Could someone like Todd Manning understand Spinelli's technospeak? What if Viki and her alters bumped into Luke Spencer on a crowded street? Well, you're about to find out.
Beginning July 12, special " mash-up " videos of your favorite ABC soap stars will air online and on ABC and SOAPnet. The special series is being called "What If."
"We are always looking for ways to drive deeper viewer engagement with our fans," said Adam Rockmore, Sr. Vice President of Marketing, ABC Daytime and SOAPnet. "These webisodes are a fun way to answer a long-standing fan question about what would happen in a soap-mash-up."
ABC filmed ten different four-minute scripted episodes, each directed by One Life to Live's executive producer, Frank Valentini. The series will run through the remainder of the summer.
So which characters will be crossing paths? Here's the schedule and which characters will be involved. To view any of the episodes, simply click the appropriate link:
Week of July 12
• Love In a Time of Claustrophobia
- All My Children's Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) and General Hospital's Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard): When Sonny's plan to use Erica as an alibi goes awry, his claustrophobia gets the best of both of them.
• How To Be Bad
- All My Children's Ryan Lavery (Cameron Mathison) and General Hospital's Carly Jacks (Laura Wright): Carly gives Ryan a refresher course on how to channel his inner bad boy.
• Fear of Flying
- One Life To Live's Todd Manning (Trevor St. John) and General Hospital's Damian Spinelli (Bradford Anderson): Spinelli's fear of flying frustrates Todd to no end and unexpectedly changes their flight plan.
Week of July 19
• Blame It On The Alcohol
- All My Children's Greenlee Smythe (Rebecca Budig) and General Hospital's Jason Morgan (Steve Burton): A drunk Greenlee pours her heart out (and more) to a very sober Jason Morgan.
Week of July 26
• What Did I Get Married
?: All My Children's Angie and Jesse Hubbard (Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams) and One Life To Live's Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson): When Angie and Jesse argue about a dry spell in the romance department, Starr reminds them what matters most in life.
Week of August 2
• I Might Like You Better If We Slept Together
: One Life To Live's Tess (Bree Williamson) and General Hospital's Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna): When Dante and Tess realize they've met before, she tries to seduce him for old time's sake.
Week of August 9
• Pain In My Heart
: General Hospital's Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary) and One Life To Live's Viki Banks (Erika Slezak): Bonded by their respective heart problems, Viki and Luke commiserate over lost love.
Week of August 16
• Learning to Fly
: General Hospital's Maxie Jones (Kirsten Storms) and One Life To Live's Rex Balsom (John-Paul Lavoisier): Maxie and Rex debate the pros and cons of young love, while suddenly faced with their own mortality.
Week of August 23
I Suck At Love: One Life To Live's Blair Cramer (Kassie DePaiva) and All My Children's Tad Martin (Michael E. Knight): After comparing notes on their messy love lives, Tad and Blair realize they dance to the same tune.
Week of August 30
• Love In An Elevator: One Life To Live's John McBain (Michael Easton) and General Hospital's Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco): After getting trapped in an elevator in a burning building, Sam and John get to know each other better than they ever thought they would.