As the residents of Harmony prepare to bid farewell to their legions of fans, Passions fans have a chance to do some bidding of their own -- in an online auction of some of the many props used during the soap's nine-year run. NBC Universal Television has partnered with Premiere Props for this once-in-a-lifetime farewell auction that will boast over 750 costumes and key hero props from Passions. A portion of the proceeds from the auction will benefit the Entertainment Industry Foundation.
Now, Gwen fans will no longer be fighting with Theresa fans. They'll be fighting with each other for the chance to own wedding gowns, magic wands and many other items.
"We are happy to partner with Premiere Props on this live event, exposing fans and collectors to unique props and costumes," said Stacey Ward, Director, NBC Universal Television DVD, Music and Consumer Products Group. "This event will help commemorate the shows' success and impact on daytime television, while rewarding fans with the opportunity to own a piece of their favorite show."
Among the items to be auctioned off are numerous memorable costumes worn by the show's stars. To view the entire catalog, please click here. Some of the costumes up for bidding include:
• Rebecca Hotchkiss' (Andrea Evans) "Wonder Woman of the Justice League" costume. The costume size is listed as small/petite.
• Tabitha Lenox's (Juliet Mills) black velour hooded cape.
• Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald's (Lindsay Hartley) black silk "Diane von FURSTENBERG" dress with embroidery. The dress is a size four.
• The wedding gown worn by Gwen Hotchkiss (Liza Huber) in the final wedding episode! The dress is a crŤme colored "Haute Couture" corset gown that features beaded embroidery. The dress is a size 10.
In the event that your closets are already bursting at the seams, there are many non-wardrobe items up for auction that will also allow a chance to own a piece of television history.
• You'll always find your way back to your favorite daytime drama with this whimsical Map of Harmony printed on posterboard. The map is sized at approximately 30" x 24".
• Super-villain Alistair Crane's (John Reilly) black/gold magnifying glass engraved with his initials "AC" and his elegant brown/gold pen. Each item is about 7" in length.
• Hitch a ride to Harmony any time you want with a majestic blue chrome Yamaha 1400cm3 motorcycle! In showroom condition - the leather is in excellent condition and the tires are brand new! The mud guards are clean and have no sign of use on the underside. The rear tail light lens is broken.
• If you're not ready to hit the open roads on a motorcycle, why not bid on an antique looking blue tricycle with a small wooden chair attached to the handlebars and a "Pepsi" cooler strapped on back!
• Rock out to Passions memories with your very own Juke Box direct from the set! Rock O LA by RMC Manufacturing Corporation. Model "CD8C" built 5-11-06 handles 828 Watt. All original manuals, extra wires and remote with batteries included in original packaging. Jukebox has a small scuff on lower left side.