Nathaniel Marston
Nathaniel Marston found guilty in 2007 NYC incident
Posted Friday, March 12, 2010 1:06:31 PM
For nearly three years, Nathaniel Marston has been battling the fallout from an incident that took place in New York City. Marston was accused of going on a drug-induced rampage, a rampage that cost him his job on One Life to Live. Now, the actor hopes to finally move on.
Former daytime star Nathaniel Marston (ex-Michael McBain/Al Holden, One Life to Live; ex-Eddie Silva, As the World Turns) has been found guilty of resisting arrest, a charge that stemmed from an incident that took place in New York City nearly three years ago.

On October 21, 2007, Marston was accused of attacking three taxi cab drivers with a metal crate at a New York City gas station. One man suffered a broken leg during the alleged assault. The altercation allegedly began when one of the cabbies accidentally drove into him.

During courtroom proceedings, Marston admitted that he hit a police officer who arrived on the scene and tried to break up the melee. Initial police reports from the scene indicated that Marston attacked several onlookers and police officers because he was high on drugs, possibly cocaine. Marston, however, has never been charged with any drug-related offenses.

Following the incident, Marston was released from One Life to Live, presumably for violating a morals clause in his contract.

"Nathaniel Marston has been a valuable member of the cast of One Life to Live bringing Michael McBain to life for legions of fans," a spokesperson said in a statement at the time. "He leaves the show with our sincere appreciation for his many contributions and our support as he addresses personal challenges. We wish him well."

The run-in with police was not the actor's first brush with the law. In 1999, Marston was arrested on criminal mischief charges after he attacked an automated-teller machine (ATM) in Manhattan. The actor was fined and ordered to attend anger management classes.

Marston had been charged with eleven different charges, ten of them felonies. The most serious charges -- which could have resulted in as many as seven years in jail -- were dropped. The resisting arrest charge, a misdemeanor, carries a maximum penalty of one year in prison. Marston has completed an anger-management program, and he is not expected to have to serve any jail time.

Share this story with friends, family or the world.

PRINTABLE VERSION View a printer friendly version of this article

Related Information
From Our Partners