Members of the daytime community who've been watching The Bold and the Beautiful weren't the least bit surprised when Jacob Young (Rick Forrester) and Linsey Godfrey (Caroline Spencer) both nabbed nominations as Outstanding Supporting Actor and Outstanding Supporting Actress in this year's Daytime Emmy race. The pair's performance -- both together and as individuals -- has been stellar. But that didn't stop the performers from feeling shock on their ends, despite both having received Emmy nominations in the past.
"It is such an honor and a complete shock to be nominated this year," says Godfrey, who was nominated in the Outstanding Younger Actress category last year. "I am so grateful to be considered amongst such talented women whom I respect deeply."
Young, who has been nominated in both the Outstanding Supporting Actor category and the Outstanding Younger Actor category in the past and also won in the Outstanding Younger Actor category in 2002 for his work as General Hospital's Lucky Spencer, says, "It's always very exciting and really is truly an honor just to be nominated."
To find out if the charismatic duo will take home Emmy gold, be sure to watch them vie against B&B costar Scott Clifton (Liam Spencer), as well as Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos, General Hospital), Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters, The Young and the Restless), Amelia Heinle (Victoria Newman, Y&R), Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Fisher, Y&R), Finola Hughes (Anna Devane, GH), and Lisa LoCicero (Olivia Falconeri, GH) during the 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, which will be broadcast live on Pop on Sunday, April 26.
MORE DAYTIME EMMY REACTION
• They're no longer a B&B couple, but Linsey Godfrey and Jacob Young are co-nominees
• GH overcome with emotion after first Emmy nom
• Nominee jokes, "Do I just show up" at the Emmys?
• Lisa Locicero on her first Emmy nom and being pregnant on the Red Carpet
• Kristoff St. John discusses the old-fashioned story that earned him an Emmy nod
• Y&R star Amelia Heinle discusses the possibility of back-to-back wins
• Elizabeth Hendrickson on her final Y&R goodbye and Melissa Claire Egan's “bold” move
• Max Ehrich on the real-life tears his Emmy submission caused
• Christian LeBlanc on the blood, sweat, and tears (of others) that landed him an Emmy nomination
• Gina Tognoni celebrates her first Y&R Emmy nom
• DAYS star Alison Sweeney on her first-ever Daytime Emmy nod
What do you think about Godfrey and Young receiving nominations this year? Would you like to see the costars win in their respective categories? Or are you rooting for someone else to take home the Emmy gold? We want to hear from you -- and there are many ways you can share your thoughts.